Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Data Center Manager Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team. This person will work out of one of our San Francisco area locations.
We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for college students with high-potential to obtain more experience in people management, strong technical understanding and vision to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level. A successful candidate will have experience creating/devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions.
· Manage a data center on the day or night shift.
· Coordinate change management resources.
· Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues.
· Manage and deliver mid-size projects.
· Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs.
· Manage a diverse team of data technicians with varying skills.
· Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
· Write and deliver performance reviews for staff.
· Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Technical Field such as Information Technology, Computer Networking and/or Computer Hardware Repair.
· Expected graduation date between December 2021 – Summer 2022.
· Previous leadership experience on campus or in a corporate environment
· Previous relevant IT experience.
· Technical writing experience.
· In the process of obtaining a PMP Certification.
· Previous experience working in a Data Center.
· Previous experience reading and reviewing technical documents.
· Previous experience as an Intern in a corporate environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.