Are you an undergraduate student looking for an internship opportunity in the summer of 2021? Are you looking for an opportunity to launch into Human Resources careers with limitless possibilities?
We know searching for an internship is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right full-time role. Amazon’s HR Generalist internship is focused on people operations and preserving Amazon’s peculiar culture in the way we attract, hire, and develop talented people. In this role, you will manage a project from beginning to end with one of Amazon’s HR teams in North America. Projects will vary from working with compensation, HR managers and business partners, onboarding, training and development, talent acquisition, or international HR.
This internship is a project-based, educational opportunity intended to prepare students to enter Amazon’s Global Human Resources organization. You will spend 12 weeks learning about Amazon’s peculiar approach to hiring and developing the best professionals by working with experienced senior management and business partners, as well as cross-functional HR support teams. You will get a 360-degree view of Amazon’s approach to HR, where you will see managerial strategy and concepts come alive in a fast-paced environment that showcases everything that goes on behind the scenes to ensure our teams have what’s needed to develop and retain a high-powered workforce.
Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment? Would you like the challenge of delivering a continuously improving employee experience? Can you think broadly about creative solutions and work to implement process improvement across our HR teams worldwide? If the answer is yes, the HR Generalist internship may be right for you.
Come build the future with us.
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a conferral date between December 2021 and August 2022.
· Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment
· Open for placement with one of Amazon’s HR teams across North America.
· Ability to show effective use of analytics and data
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to embrace the big picture and exercise judgment
· Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas and influence across all levels of an organization
· Strong bias for action
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with high growth and ambiguity
· Majors/concentrations in HR Management, Organizational Development, business administration, or related fields
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.