At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers who love what they do.
· Deploy network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
· Scale the network across multiple global Data Centers.
· Create and improve simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality of delivery.
· Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
· Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
· Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
· Develop your own ways and means to automate away any common or repeatable tasks.
As an intern you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you.
· Currently working towards a BS/MS Degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field and graduating between Dec 2021 and June 2022
· Knowledge of IP Networking fundamentals such as BGP, OSPF and other R&S technologies
· Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
· Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
· Excellent analytical skills
· Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
· Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges and articulate technical solutions through abstract thinking
· Must be able to integrate and work well as part of a team
· Basic knowledge of MPLS and advantage
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.