At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers who love what they do.
As an Optical NDE Engineer Intern working within AWS Infrastructure, you will:
· Architect and design the future of the Amazon DWDM network
· Build and rollout our global DWDM networks
· Drive scaling current DWDM designs to meet the demand of our customers
· Create processes that help operate and build our DWDM network
· Work closely with other Networking departments on new designs
· Evaluate alternative equipment and drive commercial tender process
· Work with in-house software engineers in developing additional in-house monitoring and reporting tools on the DWDM platforms
· Ensure that the DWDM network adheres to the defined network standards
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our DWDM network quality and reliability
· Develop innovative solutions day to day on our network
As an intern you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you.
· Currently working towards a BS/MS Degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, IT, Telecommunications, or related technical field and graduating between Dec 2021 and June 2022
· Knowledge of DWDM fundamentals, optical networks, or optical transmission networks
· Experience scripting in languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
· Excellent analytical skills
· Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
· Experience working with DWDM platforms
· Experience with the rollout of DWDM systems/networks
· Good Knowledge in Optical planning and modeling tools
· Highly autonomous with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges and articulate technical solutions through abstract thinking
· Must be able to integrate and work well as part of a team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.