Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Come join us in North Reading, MA, or in our newly expanded innovation hub in Westborough, MA!
Amazon Robotics is looking for an IT Co-op to join our Amazon Robotics IT organization. This role will allow the individual to do a structured rotation across three teams: Service Desk, Applications, and Infrastructure and Network Operations. Work to include researching new technology trends, primarily focused on AWS ecosystem, maintaining Amazon Robotics computer resource farm, network switching, and general system administration, triaging incoming work in our Service Now ticket management system, providing resolutions to our end users, monitoring incoming requests in our chat and ticket queues, and working directly with users to resolve issues and provide support.
· Working with SQL, using ETL tools to cleanse and enrich data.
· Developing reports and visualizations using Tableau.
· Documenting current architecture, and developing supporting documentation as required.
· Ability to learn and explore tools and trends independently in the Analytics space using AWS.
· Building, supporting and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server environments.
· Ability to learn, support, and report on overall health with AR’s virtualization environment.
· Basic understanding of AWS.
· Provide technical assistance and support for incoming issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
· Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field, or working toward degree, or equivalent work experience.
· Working knowledge of computer networks, virtualization platforms, data storage technologies, and systems administration responsibilities.
· Exposure to Windows Server OS, Linux, and network switching technologies.
· Strong knowledge of WindowsOS/MacOS/Linux
· Project management skills
· Ability to work in a team setting, both collaboratively and independently.
· Must be highly organized, a self-starter, and be willing to learn and experiment in new technology areas
· Exposure and understanding of AWS is a plus
· Ability to lift 25lbs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.