Are you inspired by invention? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in within the Amazon Robotics Deployment Engineering Partners & Logistics (RDE P&L) team. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Come join us in our newly expanded innovation hub in North Reading, MA! AR shuttle services are available for commuting.
The Amazon Robotics DE P&L team is seeking an Application Development Engineer (Co-Op) with a high interest in innovation and process optimization. In this role you will:
- Design and develop applications for inventory management and logistical needs that are compatible with mobile devices and integrate with Oracle EBS, Oracle Agile PLM.
- Support a key business initiative focused on sourcing a new material tracking technology and software platform.
- Develop dashboards to consolidate and display business analytics for critical business functions.
- Create process flows and business graphics to capture New Product Introduction channel milestones and team requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess strong application development skills, business acumen and a capacity to dive deep to solve complex problems. The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level with a strong attention to detail.
- Junior year or beyond in Engineering program
- Experience with the integration of applications with the Oracle Enterprise Business Suite.
- Familiarity with material tracking technologies and relevant software development.
- Affinity with supply chain, operations, logistics or inventory management
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgement.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment; ability to re-prioritize on a regular basis in order to remain current with business needs
- Self-motivated; ability to handle multiple responsibilities under limited supervision
- Ability to influence others in a positive and professional manner
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.