Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Manufacturing Test Engineer – Electrical with a desire to develop and hone processes within a complex manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for working with the Operations team to solve problems, explore and deploy test improvements, and drive quality and cost via automation, cycle time reduction and coverage improvement. You will actively work with engineering, production, and external parties to achieve the highest quality products with the lowest cost. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented test team, work on leading edge robotic solutions and drive improvements and effectiveness of operations while building your career for future opportunities.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
- The primary Technical Operation team Point of Contact (POC) to assist the Operations production team with complex debug, fault isolation and corrective action implementation.
- Primary test process support for a complex robotic sub-assembly test environment.
- Generate and maintain factory test procedures.
- Dig into product performance and test data, identify opportunities and work cross functionally to realize.
- Design electrical layer test boards to assist in testing or analyzing electrical behavior issues.
- Assist the production team in achieving production rate, problem resolution and product quality objectives.
- Develop process improvements for robotic system acceptance test.
- Propose cycle time reduction reductions via test optimizations and automation.
- The primary POC to support Field Return Material product debug, corrective action and feedback to field service teams for current and legacy products.
- Assist test development engineers in preparing studies and justifications for major equipment expenditures for automated test equipment, fixtures, and processes.
- Develop and support data collection tools to be used by field service and RMA techs for capturing nonconforming product behavior to leverage to identify and root cause systemic issues.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical electrical, industrial, process engineering
- Experience with software ? Python, Oracle, Tableau
- Proficient in lab environments, working in small teams and a self-starter
- Previous co-op or experience in a professional environmental desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read schematics a plus.
- Understanding of metrics, process capabilities, LEAN, databases, data collection and mining
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.