Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics (AR), a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas. Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Co-Op who is interested in learning about processes around AR hardware data and how to apply various analytics tools to for robotics systems to create data models and dashboards. This candidate should be motivated to eager to learn about AR hardware and processes. This position reports to a senior member of the Hardware Quality and Reliability team in GSS organization.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022.
Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Hardware Data Analytics Co-Op will be responsible for:
- Working with data analysts on the team who will also be the mentor(s) throughout the coop program
- Understanding critical metrics that the team tracks and develop KPI’s around those metrics
- Identifying opportunities to develop predictive models and reporting mechanisms
- Providing data engineering support to the team by developing ETL systems
- Developing dashboards for the key metrics for different products
- Communicating analysis results with broader teams
- BS / MS candidate in Engineering (CS/IS, Data Science)
- Proficient in Probability and Statistics
- Experience with mathematical model development
- Proficient in Tableau, or other BI tools
- Proficient in programming with SQL/python
- Desire to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to develop deep understanding of the business and end user needs
- Desire to commit and follow through on complex problems
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.