Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Systems & Products Integration (SPI) team is a cross-functional technical product and program management team focused on the design, delivery, and lifecycle optimization of AR’s portfolio of robotic solutions. The team is responsible for the success of its robotic solutions that are launched and operated worldwide in Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers. The SPI team sits between technology, business, and operations and ensures that the goals and interests of all three orgs are met.
Amazon Robotics is looking for a motivated business intelligence engineer to analyze data sets, build dashboards, and deliver business reports for a growing team of technical product managers. A successful co-op candidate will incorporate data management fundamentals, statistical analyses, and a passion for developing innovative customer-centric solutions by using the right tools to bring clarity to complex questions. While we don’t assume mastery in all areas, successful team members have the willingness to learn new skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and influence decision-makers at all levels. Candidates should have experience in business analytics, data science, data visualization, and/or data engineering. Amazon Robotics’ culture encourages innovation and expects co-ops to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
· For undergraduates, junior to senior year or an equivalent work experience
· Pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management, Finance, or a related field
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Proficient understanding of data modelling, descriptive statistics, and SQL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to succinctly summarize key findings
· Knows how to ingest, process, persist, and analyze data with a strong technical insight to address customer challenges
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.