Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is looking for self-motivated, curious and versatile Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our unique world as a co-op. This position will manage and coordinate planning, testing, and executing retrofits of the latest technologies across a growing network of AR buildings worldwide. As a TPM you will communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional teams. You will help identify, prioritize, and advocate for the largest opportunities, as well as create and manage new efficiency opportunities from ideation to launch.
A successful candidate will have a passion for creating high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, business acumen, interest in project management, and the ability to effectively communicate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon Robotics culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and program managers to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
· Completion of at least junior year working towards a BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent work experience
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the desire to innovate and simplify current process and practices
· Demonstrated experience working in team environments
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Previous project team experience recommended
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
· Strong decision-making skills, and use sound logic to communicate ideas
· Strong technical insight to address customer challenges.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.