Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics develops state-of-the art robotics for Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers. Amazon Fulfillment handles more individual items than any company in the world. We are combining computer vision, mobile robots, advanced end-of-arm tooling and high-degree of freedom movement to solve real-world problems at huge scale. Our team collaborates with a variety of customers across Amazon worldwide to conceive, develop, prototype and deploy a wide range of robotic systems.
As a Manipulation Software Engineer you will be directly involved in developing concept to production ready solutions to solve some of Amazon’s most challenging material handling problems. For this position we are seeking an individual with experience developing, debugging and optimizing real-time software for implementing closed-loop feedback control on the world’s most advanced robots. We desire experience ranging from concept through build, test, debug, redesign, production and delivery.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· Experience developing multithreaded object oriented software with Java and/or C++ for commercial applications; May 2021 and December 2021 graduates will be considered for this position
· Experience building software applications through internships, course projects, hackathons or personal projects
· Experience in robot manipulation including path planning and execution is desirable
· Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
· Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
· Experience and knowledge in controlling and integrating robotics
· Experiences of using AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.