Manufacturing SDE Co-op (January-June 2022)
Amazon Robotics Manufacturing SDE Co-op
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
The Manufacturing SDE Co-op will be responsible for delivering and supporting operations and production projects by partnering with Amazon Robotics Tech Ops Software team and other cross-functional team members.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
- Build software that deals with large data sets in structured and semi-structured formats
- Build unit tests and system test suites to help achieve continuous delivery
- Integrate software with existing systems and execute regression tests as needed
- Gather, analyze and document functional / technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Prepares standard reports and documentation to communicate results to team
- Identify areas for improvement, suggest solutions and submit idea records
- Research production system issues, resolve user problems and escalate when necessary
- Document Tech Ops SW specific process and project activities that support our content and knowledge management initiatives
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or advanced degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Prior success in fast-paced environments demonstrating innovative problem-solving skills
- Technical skills including familiarity with Linux, Java, Python, SQL and database administration (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Passion for working on a fun, innovative, and high-energy team
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
- Ability to understand and improve operational processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.