Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As an Amazon Robotics Mechanical Design Technician you will create and maintain 3D CAD models, associated drawings and documentation for hardware components and assemblies, as well as, support the building and evaluation of hardware. The ideal candidate has experience modeling, documenting, building and testing mechanical systems and possesses practical knowledge of GD&T and medium volume manufacturing methods using stamping, extrusion, casting and injection molding. This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Design Technician will be responsible for:
- Supporting the mechanical engineering team by creating and maintaining SolidWorks CAD models, associated drawings and documentation within the PDM system
- Supporting the mechanical engineering team by pulling part numbers, creating BOM’s/ECO’s/DEV’s and maintaining needed drawings and other part/assembly record documentation within the PLM system
- Working with Hardware Engineers, Operations, Supply Chain and Quality organizations as well as vendors to document details, assembly and construction of mechanical components and systems
- Hands-on prototype production, mechanical assembly evaluation and testing
- 1+ years SolidWorks or similar CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
- 1+ years documenting designs in accordance with ANSI Y-14.5 · PDM and PLM experience
- 1+ years’ experience in data collection, experimenting and drafting/revising reports
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management PLM software and ECO’s
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing process (sheet metal, injection molding, machining)
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in drawing, written or diagram form
- Must possess good problem-solving abilities, strong communication and creativity
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- BS or AS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.