Supply Chain Co-op
January 2022 to June 2022
Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This individual works in the supply chain team to support the development of business processes for the Sales, Inventory, Operations and purchasing teams. This individual will work with cross functional teams to develop and/ or improve demand management, returns, purchasing, expediting, and de-expediting processes. The person should have a good understanding of supply chain, operations, finance, and general business practices.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
- Lead projects to identify and re-position our inventory as needed.
- Lead projects to automate our internal escalations between departments relating to deployment, purchasing, customer, demand, and quality teams.
- Develop an understanding of our current demand management and purchasing process and identify targets for improvement in transactional and operations efficiencies.
- Support new software/ tools/ dashboards introduction in supply chain.
- Assist in creating comprehensive process flow mapping as needed.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering or relevant fields
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- At least one semester of school left to complete after December 2021
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- 2-4 years of experience in Supply Chain or relevant fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of metrics, process capabilities, and LEAN techniques
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.