Support Systems Developer Co-op
January 2022 to June 2022
Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
AR is seeking uniquely talented and motivated engineers to join our Global Services and Support Tools Team. The ideal candidate will partner a technical background with experiences both working with cross-functional teams and working in demanding environments. The candidate should be comfortable digging into challenging technical problems under pressure, with experience developing and deploying software solutions. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, creativity, troubleshooting, leadership skills, drive, and proactive management.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022.
The Co-op will be responsible for:
- Creating software tools and features to improve productivity of the team
- Diving deep into operational data and metrics to identify trends used to drive development of new tools for supportability
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to automate AR problem detection and diagnostics
- Exercising software development skills to write code ranging in scope from small scripts to full-stack web application
- Pursuing MS/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Has at least one semester of school left to complete after December 2021
- Excellent communications skills partnered with proven analytical and technical skills
- Technical skills including familiarity with Java, Angular.JS, Python, and Amazon Web Services such as DynamoDB and S3
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills with prior success in high-pressure and fast-paced environments
- Comfort with cutting-edge technology including software, hardware, robotics, etc.
- Comfort working as part of a high-performing team or as an independent contributor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.