Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. We are seeking technical artist co-ops to work in Amazon Robotics’ new facility in Westborough, MA. You will be part of a collaborative, agile team building large-scale, complex, robotics simulations.
Responsibilities of the Technical Artist may include:
- Liaising between heads of programming and design teams
- Researching and developing technical tools for a project
- Setting up workflows of art production
- Supporting artists and engineers in the 3D art pipeline
- Assisting in asset performance and validation
- Solving complex technical issues during development
- Deciding on what software and tools are required for Digital Twin production
- Developing and maintaining resources and pipelines along with programmers
- Maintaining technical documentation
- Completion of at least junior year of degree program is required with at least one remaining semester left after co-op completion
- Enrolled in a degree program in Computer Science, Visual Effects, Graphic Art, Animation, or related field
- Houdini or Maya
- VEX or MEL
- Atleast one Game Engine Unity, Unreal Engine or Lumberyard
- NVIDIA Omniverse Kit and other Omniverse Apps
- C++, C#, Java
- Substance Designer
- 3D Studio Max
- Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Experience with USD based pipelines/workflows
- Experience with 3D Scanning or Photogrammetry
- Good Understanding of PBR and MDL (Material Definition Language)
Portfolio of previous work a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.