Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January-June 2022. We are seeking texture artist co-ops to work in Amazon Robotics’ new facility in Westborough, MA. You will be part of a collaborative, agile team building large-scale, complex, robotics simulations.
Responsibilities of a Texture Artist may include:
- Build a library of Procedural or Reusable Photoreal Materials
- UV mapping
- Maintain a high level of design and photorealism throughout
- Curate a consistent look of all the elements of the environment
- Work closely with Technical Artists and Programmers to automate material assignment
- Substance Designer
- Substance Painter
- Maya, Houdini or Blender
- Experience with Real-Time Photoreal shaders in any Game Engine
- Good Understanding of PBR and MDL (Material Definition Language)
- NVIDIA Omniverse Kit and other Omniverse Apps
- Experience with USD based pipelines/workflows
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.