America Needs You (ANY) fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. ANY operates in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and California. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more.
ANY is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Grants Manager with a passion for building partnerships. The Grants Manager will work with the Chief External Affairs Officer to achieve our fundraising goals by enhancing existing strategies, contributing to a long-term fund development plan, and securing a strong support base for our organization. The Grants Manager will be responsible for ANY’s national grants calendar and crafting compelling proposals and reports. The Grants Manager reports directly to the Chief External Affairs Officer and works closely with other senior staff to increase the impact of our work.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Thinks like an owner and creatively seeks solutions
- Understands the unique needs of stakeholders and embraces a customer-service mentality
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and can quickly pivot when necessary
- A warm, collaborative work environment with a rich culture of support and feedback
- A generous benefits package (health/dental insurance, 403(b), FSA, three weeks vacation, etc.)
- Connections to an expansive professional network
- Manage national grants calendar, ensuring proposals and reports are submitted in advance of deadlines
- Create and manage standardized templates for proposal development, donor reporting, etc.
- Write compelling proposals and reports, communicating program data persuasively
- Develop and maintain a monthly tracking report of new contacts and prospects, significantly increasing ANY’s funder pipeline
- Identify and solicit new gifts to support general operating, program, and pilot related expenses
- Work with Chief External Affairs Officer to create and execute a plan for sustained partnership
- Prepare supporting documents and attachments for grant applications; work closely with Chief Financial Officer to build program budgets and fund use reports
- Maintain database records in addition to thorough and complete electronic files
- Maintain correspondence with current and prospective donors to ensure they receive ongoing updates on programs and ANY’s growth
- Support special events or major donor program logistics as needed
- Attend quarterly Saturday workshops to facilitate workshop sessions and engage with Fellows, volunteer Mentor Coaches, and invited guests
- Additional projects as determined by the Chief External Affairs Officer
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in grant writing
- Demonstrated success in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporate and foundation gifts
- Strong project management with an ownership mentality (manages up well, manages sideways, knows how to get answers, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial with fast project execution
- Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility
- Comfort with data and data analysis
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Bachelor’s degree
America Needs You offers a competitive salary and benefits package. ANY employees receive ample vacation time and the opportunity to work with a talented team on projects that have a real impact in their community.
Please submit a cover letter, a short grant writing sample (1-2 pages) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Grants Manager – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.
Salary for this position is in the $60 – $65k range, depending on experience.