PURPOSE: The purpose of the SMDM Intern is to ensure persons of interest and the public have the latest information about ACISTE. The SMDM Intern will serve as an important part of our organization’s digital marketing team. The intern will help the Executive Director identify, conceptualize, design and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform our audience about products, services and programs. The SMDM Intern will help create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels and support promotional and marketing efforts.
HOURS: Flexible. 10-15 per week (can be less or more and can be negotiated in interview based on student’s academic requirements). Position to begin in August or soon thereafter through December or May 2021 (flexible on minimum length of term).
EXPECTATIONS & DUTIES:
The SMDM Intern supports the Executive Director to develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost brand engagement and increase revenue. The duties and responsibilities of the SMDM Intern include:
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Support marketing team and Executive Director at live and online events
.SKILLS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal SMDM Intern will have an in-depth knowledge of social media platforms. The intern will be comfortable creating and managing multiple social media accounts, developing content to inform, educate and engage the brand’s audience to increase awareness and achieve marketing goals. An exceptional candidate will have a working knowledge of the major content management systems and social media analytics, and be experienced in running targeted ads on social media sites.
The SMDM Intern candidate will have diverse educational qualifications and technical skills to deliver on the job. These include:
- Completed courses, certification and/or experience in digital communications or related field such as advertising, communications, or journalism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with the major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap and Google+
- Knowledge of social media analytics software including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and Twitter Analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Experience with content management systems, digital media, search engine optimization, word processor applications and image/video editing software