ABOUT AMERICAN DREAM
American Dream, developed by Triple Five Group, is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail and dining, comprising more than 3 million square feet in East Rutherford, New Jersey, just minutes away from New York City. American Dream is home to leading attractions that includes DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe, Big SNOW, Angry Birds Golf, The Rink, Blacklight Mini Golf, and a curated collection of premier dining and retail stores, including flagship locations for H&M, Uniqlo and PRIMARK as well as Lululemon, Sephora, Aritzia, Zara and IT’SUGAR, the world’s first “candy department store.” For more information on American Dream, visit www.americandream.com or follow us on Instagram@americandream.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of the Lifeguard is:
- To provide guests with an exceptional experience while ensuring safe and proper usage of the facilities, by communicating rules and active supervision of the pool area.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Maintaining a constant surveillance of guests in pools and hot tubs.
- Responding to major and minor first aid situations and distressed swimmers.
- Enforcing safety rules and regulations, and instruct and reinforce the proper use of Water Park attractions to our guests.
- Presenting a professional appearance at all times and maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Monitoring and supervising first aid facility and attending to any guests arriving needing medical assistance.
- Responding to guest concerns, questions, and requests regarding waterslides and facility.
- Being actively involved in creating and maintaining a safe environment for all staff and guests.
- Safe operation of attractions including slide dispatch, runouts, catch pools, hot tubs, and wave pools.
- Other responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Safety minded and possess the ability to stay calm in emergency situations
- Must have excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Training is provided; no previous lifeguard experience required
- This is a part-time position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb multiple flights of stairs and work in a hot, humid, chlorinated environment
- Swim 200 yards and ability to retrieve 10 pound diving brick from depth of 8 ft. of water
- Tread water for 2 minutes without using your hands
- Ability to successfully complete certification in First Aid, CPR, and Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.