American Dream (East Rutherford, NJ), an entirely new destination for fashion and luxury retail, fine to casual dining, and unexpected attractions, is seeking fun, energetic character performers
SEEKING: Non-Equity performers, over the age of 16 ONLY between the heights of 4’11-5’2 and 5’11-6’4. Anyone not in these height ranges need not apply. Theme Park, Cruise Ship, and Children’s Theatre credits are a plus. All performers MUST be local to the NY/NJ area and must have their own reliable transportation.
This position is part time and pay is $17/hour.
In addition to your application submission, you MUST submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV/resume (including contact information, height, special skills, and past performance experience)
- Your headshot
- A full body picture
- Availability through the end of 2020
- Video reel of performances (optional)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of the Performer is:
– To create an innovative and fun family entertainment utilizing specialized skills and abilities. Provide outstanding internal and external guest service at all times. Ensure a positive guest experience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• Entertain Nickelodeon Universe guests in a professional manner
• Ensure the safety of Nickelodeon Universe guests
• Perform to highest standards and act appropriately for family audiences
• Take direction from Team Leads and Supervisors
• Ensure safety of costumed characters while in an escorting role
• Maintain cleanliness of work environments both “onstage” and off
• May be asked to assist with set up and tear down of special events
• Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
• Additional duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
• To provide excellent guest service
• Represent Nickelodeon Universe with highest degree of professionalism
• Good listening skills when dealing with guests, coworkers and supervisors
• Ability to work as part of a team and in collaboration with other departments.
• Able to work within the character costume, ie: not claustrophobic or overly sensitive to excessive heat.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Stand/move about –Frequently, 90%
• Kneel/crouch– Periodically, up to 40%
• Reach at or above shoulder level – Frequently, 50%
• Reach at or below shoulder level – Frequently, 50%
• Handle/lift large items such as boxes or packages – Daily
• Bend/stoop/squat – Frequently, 50%
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.