ABOUT AMERICAN DREAM
American Dream, developed by Triple Five Group, is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail and dining, comprising more than 3 million square feet in East Rutherford, New Jersey, just minutes away from New York City. American Dream is home to leading attractions that includes DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe, Big SNOW, Angry Birds Golf, The Rink, Blacklight Mini Golf, and a curated collection of premier dining and retail stores, including flagship locations for H&M, Uniqlo and PRIMARK as well as Lululemon, Sephora, Aritzia, Zara and IT’SUGAR, the world’s first “candy department store.” For more information on American Dream, visit www.americandream.com or follow us on Instagram@americandream.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Water Quality Technician is responsible for water safety and quality in the Waterpark by monitoring chemical levels, maintaining the filtration systems and assisting in routine inspections of the Waterpark attractions.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Maintain the treatment systems, operate the filtering and chemical treatment process to ensure that proper chemical levels are in accordance with the Langlier Saturation Index and applicable local regulations.
- Perform the required checks on flow meters, filter beds, tanks, and all other system pumps and motors to ensure that all equipment is operating within prescribed limits and Government Standards.
- Clean pump strainers, perform backwashes on all water systems, degrease and pressure spray filters, and remove blockages on pump packing drains as required.
- Monitor inventory of pool chemicals or supplies, and ensure that supplies, materials and products are ordered and received.
- Arrange work orders for servicing and repairs of equipment utilizing our computerized maintenance management software (CMMS), and assist skilled tradespersons with the installation and repair of Waterpark machinery and attractions.
- Other responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification or ability to obtain certification.
- A minimum of one (1) experience in the water filtration field or industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work varied shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work at heights, strong attention to detail and great problem-solving skills.
- This is a full-time position that requires flexible availability including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Perform repetitive motion- Frequently- 75% of time
- Stand and move- Frequently 80% of time
- Reach at, above or below shoulder level- Occasionally 40% of time.
- Kneel and bend- Frequently 75% of time
- Stoop/squat- Frequently 75% of time
- Lift/carry between 10-76 lbs – Occasionally 40% of time
- Able to work at heights between 35-200 ft – infrequently 30 % of the time.
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.