The Direct Sales Bilingual Representative I obtains appropriate insurance licenses and learns to sell, quote, bind coverage for prospects. Representatives complete extensive training and development programs for them to gain product knowledge, sales and customer service skills needed to effectively review existing coverage and advises prospects and customers regarding policy and coverage options. Representatives respond to potential customers in an unscripted customer care center environment with a focus on one call resolution. Representatives demonstrate proficiency in personal lines products and meet sales, and quality goals. May provide back to up to service areas as needed during high volume periods.
Inbound Sales (55%)
- Sells available insurance products to new or existing clients via various customer contact channels. Estimates and quotes policy premiums complying with underwriting guidelines.
- Makes appropriate recommendations on policy coverages and options, closes sales, and process applications in an accurate manner.
- Gathers all necessary information to asses if prospective customers meet underwriting guidelines. Contacts appropriate division for underwriting guidance when needed.
- Meets sales and sales quality goals.
- Gains and demonstrates knowledge of American Family`s competitive advantage by comparing competitor products and services.
Lead Generation & Quoting/Outbound Sales (30%)
- Develops knowledge and skills to qualify and follows up with sales leads.
- Identifies clients` needs and cultivate effective sales relationships.
- Learns to convert incoming leads into qualified customer engagements
- May direct potential customers to website or other company resources for information.
- Learns to manage a prospecting pipeline and develop a sales tracking system to maintain accurate prospect/customer information.
- Completes extensive training and development programs to gain knowledge of all offered products and underwriting requirements. Develops sales skills needed to effectively service customers, review coverage, and advise customers regarding coverage options.
- Completes training to develop a solid foundation relative to sales practices and procedures, billing and policy processing systems, and business rules.
- Participates in on-the-job development programs to apply new knowledge and skills in a live environment while receiving support of Team Managers or Sales and Service Care Center Senior Representatives.
- Partners with a mentor to further acquire technical expertise necessary to respond to sales and service scenarios and to gain confidence in problem resolution and decision making.
- Continually improves knowledge of insurance industry, products, underwriting requirements, sale, customer service, and supporting technology.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics (arithmetic, averaging, percentages, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment. (This includes face-to-face service or contact center: retail, insurance, hospitality, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer).
- Must pass bilingual assessments in reading, understanding, writing, and conversing fluently in both Spanish and English.
- Keyboarding/typing ability at 25 wpm.
- Required to pass the state licensing exam for property and casualty producer licenses within 60 days of hire. Property and casualty producer licenses for all operating and/or service states must be obtained within 90 days of hire. Must complete required continuing education credits to maintain state property and casualty producer licenses. Must maintain property and casualty producer licenses for all operating states and/or service states.
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time
Additional Job Information:
This is a Remote/Work From Home position and will start in June 2021.
This role requires Property & Casualty licenses at the time of application.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Insurance Sales Experience
- Current Property & Casualty Insurance Licenses
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
This role provides:
- Base pay plus production and bonus incentives
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance & Wellbeing Program
- 401(k) Matching and Pension Plan
- Career and Development Opportunity, as well as Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Time Off – Including volunteer days, maternity/paternity leave
- Remote Work Flexibility
The following internet speeds are required for the role:
- For unshared internet (only business traffic during work hours): 10Mbps down / 2 Mbps up.
- For shared internet (business and personal traffic during work hours): 25 Mbps down / 10Mbps up.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.