At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
As a Tech Developer Intern you will be working business analyst, business partners, QA testers, SRCUM masters and other development teams on cooperate projects.
Additionally, you will assist in establishing and maintaining strategies to meet organizational objectives. Under the direction of a senior level employee or manager you will work on projects that support the business area goals and results. You will also complete tasks using both interpersonal and technical skills appropriate to the specific job assignment, while adapting to new or changing situations in a team environment.
- Partner with senior developers
- Working with SCRUM team to develop new functionalities
- Develop an understanding of American Family’s business environments, corporate culture and structure to support work initiatives.
- Maintain work efficiency and respond positively to a changing environment.
- Open to and supports new ideas, systems and procedures. Generate creative ideas and actions in response to changing situations.
- Adjust strategies or tactics in situations where the current approaches are ineffective.
- Must be in pursuit of an Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering, post-secondary degree or certificate during the semester of the internship.
- Pursuing post-secondary education in a related major to the internship.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Basic experience with JAVA or similar
- Must have object oriented program skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience working within a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of developing and managing project work.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.