Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
The tax intern will work as an integral member of the tax department. The intern will be responsible for tasks that are necessary for the day-to-day functioning of the tax department and company. They will work as an active, full time member of the team throughout the summer with an opportunity for part-time work during the school year.
• Willing to work 40 hours / week during non-school weeks (e.g. summer months, spring break, winter break etc.) and a minimum of 15 hours / week during the school year.
• Run tax data reports for compliance
• Supporting the tax group preparation of returns
• Preparation of monthly compliance tax payments
• Respond to governmental notices
• Provide support for tax audits
• Preparation assistance for estimated tax payments
• Research and analysis of tax issues
• Obtain and summarize information to support tax filings
• Obtain letters of good standing
• File Power of Attorney forms
• Request tax bills from tax authorities
• Filing, Faxing, Scanning of tax files
• Complete account reconciliations
• Run macros to obtain invoices
• Perform tax data entry
• Preparation of tax metrics
• Data gathering for filing of Annual Reports
• Special projects as assigned
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Strong organization skills
• High level of drive / motivation
• Effective communication skills
• Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office programs
• Sophomore in College
• Pursuing a degree in Accounting
• 3.0 or higher GPA