Provide engineering and project support to divisional Americold facilities and to Corporate. Drive labor improvement through engineered labor standards, performance incentive roll-out, cost benefit evaluations, work flow analysis, asset utilization, and scheduling optimization.
• Validate and maintain time-studied standards.
• Calculate and implement performance incentives.
• Ensure labor management system is accurate and utilized on-site.
• Formally and informally train operations teams on labor management and the associated systems. This includes in-person and remote support.
• Evaluate and make recommendations for process improvements.
• Evaluate material handling equipment requirements as needed.
• Keep abreast of the latest technology in warehousing and evaluate for applications.
• Develop project scopes, specifications and estimates as needed.
• Assist with improving productivity and reducing costs.
• Ability to create scheduling tools which accurately reflect work content of a site
• Lead and execute continuous improvement projects
• Own 5 Habits and Labor Management system performance improvements for the assigned district
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or equivalent degree such as Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Logistics is required
3 years minimum of work experience in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in industrial engineering analysis and labor management standards
• Continuous improvement experience required
• PMO experience preferred
• Experience with the distribution/warehouse/logistics industry preferred
• Proficient with AS400, RF Scanning and WMS systems preferred
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner with little or no supervision
• Able to work in a multi-functional team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Strong analytical skills required
• Strong time management skills required
• Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative
• High travel position, up to 75%
• Strong computer skills including MS Office; MSD/MOST experience preferred