AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ Federal Contractor, built on the premise of “Innovating Tomorrow’s Solutions Today.” We’ve created a close knit family culture focused on continual learning, professionalism and high-performance. Our customers give us praise for the quality of our product: our employees.
Come find out why.
AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking highly motivated and talented Programmer to support the Battlespace Modeling & Simulation.
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Programmer. It qualifies for up to a $5,000 signing bonus; ask your Recruiter for details!
A typical day as a Programmer may include:
- Knowledge of standard programming algorithms, design patterns, and object oriented software design.
- Works with software programmers to develop and refine simulation presentation of real-world ELINT parametric data.
- Works with SMEs using the EWIRDB database for complex waveforms analysis associated with a wide range of red and blue force systems.
- Works with SMEs for signal translation of waveform data into a descriptive and behavioral modeling & Simulation language for Development and Test.
- Knowledge of threat system analysis and sensor modeling of radars, electronic warfare (EW) systems, countermeasures, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems, and various weapons.
- Participate in software test activities to include test procedure creation and test plan development.
- Collaborate with team members to design future enhancements
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with scripting, database programming and languages such as Modern C++, Python, and Lua.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Electronic Warfare integrated reprogramming database (EWIRDB).
- Basic radar modeling experience.
- Other skills/qualifications
- DoD Top Secret security clearance
Skills crucial to success at AMEWAS, Inc.:
Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion. Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets. Is reliable, possesses initiative, and works well as an individual or part of a team.
Physical environment and working conditions:
The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
Refer to a friend:
If you know someone who may be interested, please share this posting. We are a growing team and there may be more opportunities like this one here at AMEWAS, Inc.!
More about Us:
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran-run company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS participates with E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
AMEWAS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be sure to check out the rest of our website at www.amewas.com for more information about our company, benefits & family!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Generous tuition & training assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonuses
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Recognition program
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership