Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing testing on petroleum and related samples for purposes such as quantitative analysis, quality control, and process control. He/she is also responsible for general maintenance of laboratory equipment and the physical maintenance of the laboratory.
As instructed by the Lab Manager/Supervisor, and as per standard methods or procedures, the Lab Technician is also responsible for:
1) Receiving, logging in, and generating work orders for all samples received in the laboratory.
2) Performing the required analysis
3) Documenting each test result and maintaining neat, complete, and accurate records. Must prepare corresponding quality control charts.
4) Performing quality assurance/quality control testing. Must calibrate and verify each instrument as needed and maintain in clean working condition.
5) Maintaining and cleaning laboratory instruments, equipment, and supplies.
6) Reporting any deficiencies to Lab Manager/Supervisor.