As an essential business, Anomatic produces innovative and sustainable packaging for today’s biggest brands. By leveraging over five decades of manufacturing expertise and employing an extensive technologies portfolio, we design, manufacture, and finish incomparable stock and customized solutions for numerous markets.
The Quality Engineer will act as the plant quality leader and be responsible for the ongoing development, maintenance, and improvement of the quality systems and quality KPI performance within the Naugatuck stamping plant. The QE will work locally within a cross-functional team as well as interact daily with Anomatic’s Ohio plants to ensure exceptional levels of product performance and communication while using problem-solving techniques to reduce process variation and cost of non-conformance.
The position will supervise daily inspection workflow for all jobs running in the plant across 3 shifts, assign work to QA inspectors as well as train all QA inspectors and operators regarding customer quality standards, gauging plans, and inspection procedures.
- Makes decisions regarding acceptability of lots and disposition of held products or any non-conforming materials.
- Lead the analysis and testing process of stamped aluminum components.
- Maintain, improve and effectively utilize existing Syteline ERP data collection system for all dimensional and aesthetic tests. Also conduct SPC through use of Syteline data and train required personnel in usage.
- Champion of continuous improvement through the use of DMAIC and Lean methods to reduce process variation and cost of non-conformance.
- Gives status reports to all departments at Anomatic, including Planning / Scheduling, Customer Care, Production and Quality as necessary.
- Responsibility for set-up approval and communication on all dimensional and aesthetic issues associated with daily production as well as new product manufacturing.
- Ensures proper gauging methods, instrument calibration, gauge control and document control systems.
- Create new and maintain department quality standards and inspection record files. Develop defect standard boards for aesthetic defects and measurement methods to gain alignment with the Ohio QC lab.
- Interaction with suppliers and customers as required.
- Develop SOP’s, conduct quality systems audits and perform training of quality procedures and skills as required.
- Directly supervise all quality inspectors to ensure effective, consistent inspection methods and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related
- 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment with 3+ years’ experience within the quality field required. Metal Stamping experience is a PLUS.
- 3+ years’ experience supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated practical use of quality systems and continuous improvement methods such as six sigma, lean, DOE, statistical data analysis.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills to effectively communicate within the department, with other departments, and externally with vendors or customers as appropriate.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team to meet personal and departmental objectives.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced work environment; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong process-orientated problem-solving skills to identify root causes and lead teams to implement countermeasures.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office suite, statistical data analysis software such as Minitab and ERP systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.