AnswerRocket is on a mission to make data analysis easy. Our platform leverages AI and machine learning to transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day. We are hiring an experienced Data Science Application Developer to join our team, focusing on designing solutions that extract business insights using statistics, machine learning, and your own intuition.
Reporting to the Co-founder and Chief Scientist, this position is largely an applied data science coding role, with some client interaction to define requirements and troubleshoot use cases. You will be responsible for deciding how to model data sets in order to solve specific problems in forecasting, classification, scenario analysis, decision support, and other goals. Our team works across industries with a focus on the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) domains.
This role is a remote opportunity, candidates do not have to be located in the Atlanta area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as the leader for the ideation, development, and support of strategic initiatives including statistical modeling and advanced analytics within the team.
- Design actionable, data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand our customer’s business in-depth, propose, support, and challenge strategic options, build state-of-the-art tools, and compose a product roadmap for high ROI.
- As part of the product development team, code and release new application modules.
- As part of our data science team, engage clients to gather inputs that influence our product roadmap.
- Train consulting and sales teams to understand the capabilities of data science and know when to engage you for specific types of problems that can deliver high returns for our customers.
- Educate customers on the uses of new modules and help support their team’s knowledge and ability to diagnose and solve related issues.
- Manage peer relationships within customer organizations to remain in lock-step from requirements gathering, to initial feedback and finally through acceptance testing for delivery.
- Oversee the roadmap of Data Science Modules so that each new effort complements prior modules.
- Measure the value of solutions delivered, efficiency of the design and build process, and personal growth with AnswerRocket.
Who you are:
- Data-driven, intellectually curious, and are a clear communicator.
- Creative problem-solver; effective at analyzing a problem and enjoys innovative solutions that make us better.
- Team-oriented, easy to work with, and enjoys solving problems together.
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and possess the appropriate skills to “fill in the blanks” when not all facts are available.
- An ability to drive projects end-to-end with minimal guidance/oversight, with a history of producing high-quality output that provides actionable, business-focused insights and recommendations.
What you need:
- At least 3+ years of demonstrated experience building software for Data Science applications; experience in the CPG domain is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with python is required.
- Experienced in other common languages and visual frameworks that are used for data analysis. (ie Languages: R, SaS; frameworks: Matplotlib, D3 and more)
- Strong understanding of data cleansing, benchmarks, probabilities, churn, enterprise reporting, outliers/anomalies, etc.
- Possess intermediate to advanced knowledge of common data science software development environments.
- Have familiarity with databases, software optimization, and other related foundation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (ie Math, Computer Science, Engineering, etc) preferred.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 401K, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents.
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded.
- Remote-friendly culture with weekly stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude.
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team.
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) is the best part about working at AnswerRocket!
Who we are:
Founded in 2013 by successful tech entrepreneurs, AnswerRocket’s mission has always been to make data analysis easy. As a founder-owned and founder-led startup in Atlanta, GA, AnswerRocket has been growing at a stellar pace in every measure: revenues, people, innovation, and customers. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. We’ve recently been named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner, as well as, been awarded a Top Workplace two years in a row by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
Come as you are:
At AnswerRocket, we’re building a better way to work, fueled by collaboration, transparency, and inclusion of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.
Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart, and passionate people with broad interests and experiences—oh and everyone’s really nice. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative, creative environment with an opportunity to contribute to something big. We don’t hire culture fits, but rather, those who can add to our culture. We want your individuality and differences to make AnswerRocket better and stronger. We seek dreamers, doers, and disruptors to help transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day.
Our people mean everything, so come do the best work of your life here at AnswerRocket.
To all recruitment agencies: AnswerRocket does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not submit resumes through our career pages or to AnswerRocket employees. AnswerRocket is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
COVID-19 statement: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via video conferencing. After the pandemic, some positions may continue as remote, while others may temporarily stay remote now until it is safe to return to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at jobs(at)answerrocket.com.