AnswerRocket is on a mission to make data analysis easy. Our platform leverages AI and machine learning to transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day. We are hiring an experienced Sales Engineer to join our sales team who is passionate about solving prospective customers’ data challenges and closing large enterprise deals.
In this role, you’ll be reporting to our sales team leader and serve as the go-to technical consultant supporting our entire sales process. Your efforts will help us transform customer challenges into winning sales strategies that unlock the buyer’s journey and ultimately close business.
This role is a remote opportunity, candidates do not have to be located in the Atlanta area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the liaison between prospective customers and the solution by understanding and assessing their requirements and presenting product demonstrations that deliver our value.
- Support our marketing, services, and sales teams with the tools necessary to engage leads.
- Partner with internal product management teams to communicate customer requirements and to drive feature requests that enhance our sales cycle.
- Collaborate with our professional services team to build and advise on packaged services that would be competitive to prospective customers.
Who you are:
- Open-minded, curious, and passionate learner; not afraid to learn new industries and grasp new technologies quickly.
- An active listener; always attentive to and learning from our customers’ needs.
- Exceptional at communicating and presenting with a strong sales ability to build relationships and gain influence with a variety of audiences.
- Creative problem-solver; effective at analyzing a problem and enjoys innovative solutions that make us better.
- Team-oriented, easy to work with, and enjoys solving problems together.
- Strong leadership skills; able to take ownership of their projects end-to-end.
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude; able to imagine the “art of the possible” here.
- The ability to work independently in a rapidly innovating environment.
What you need:
- Previous experience in a sales engineer or technical consultant role in analytics, data science, or business intelligence; SaaS enterprise software experience highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with SQL required; must be able to read and write SQL. Must have some experience creating dimensional models. Experience with a broad set of database technologies preferred.
- Technical depth in data analysis with a strong understanding of cloud architecture and web-based applications.
- Proven track record of success in leading customers through full lifecycle implementations and sales.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Note: No travel is required for this role currently, but may change as business needs evolve.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 401K, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents.
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded.
- Remote-friendly culture with weekly stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude.
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team.
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) is the best part about working at AnswerRocket!
Who we are:
Founded in 2013 by successful tech entrepreneurs, AnswerRocket’s mission has always been to make data analysis easy. As a founder-owned and founder-led startup in Atlanta, GA, AnswerRocket has been growing at a stellar pace in every measure: revenues, people, innovation, and customers. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. We’ve recently been named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner, as well as, been awarded a Top Workplace two years in a row by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
Come as you are:
At AnswerRocket, we’re building a better way to work, fueled by collaboration, transparency, and inclusion of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.
Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart, and passionate people with broad interests and experiences—oh and everyone’s really nice. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative, creative environment with an opportunity to contribute to something big. We don’t hire culture fits, but rather, those who can add to our culture. We want your individuality and differences to make AnswerRocket better and stronger. We seek dreamers, doers, and disruptors to help transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day.
Our people mean everything, so come do the best work of your life here at AnswerRocket.
To all recruitment agencies: AnswerRocket does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not submit resumes through our career pages or to AnswerRocket employees. AnswerRocket is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
COVID-19 statement: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via video conferencing. After the pandemic, some positions may continue as remote, while others may temporarily stay remote now until it is safe to return to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at jobs(at)answerrocket.com.