Named an AJC’s Top Workplace in 2021, AnswerRocket is the leader in AI-powered analytics disrupting the traditional BI and analytics market. Our self-service analytics platform combines machine learning with natural language generation to enable business leaders to make better, faster decisions. As a senior member of our Engineering team, you’ll play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting AnswerRocket’s web development technologies.
Developers are at the heart of our team. We want smart, flexible thinkers for whom programming is second nature. If you are that kind of person, you know that software is an expressive discipline. We encourage responsible creativity along with personal commitment to our customers. We look for engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push our product forward. We hire engineers with a range of technical skills and experience from just getting started to owning major parts of our product.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Deploy in Amazon’s cloud or at client premises
- Work heavily in web and database environments, but also touch on mobile, systems management, configuration management, tenancy, parallelization, security, and other aspects of serving enterprise customers
- Be involved in decision making around the architecture and future product enhancements
- Further increase your experience working in new frameworks while solving complex problems in a collaborative and casual environment
- Join a flat organization with direct access to senior leaders; Did we mention all of our co-founders have programming backgrounds?
We are looking for people who:
- Come with at least 7+ years of professional experience in a software development role or similar; experience developing at a software and/or analytics company is a huge plus
- Have strong leadership qualities to oversee projects from end-to-end and an ability to motivate others; note: this position may be updated to accommodate someone with senior leadership experience
- Are passionate for UX, database scalability, mobile development, and making software great
- Possess a love of design almost as much as implementing modules and fixing broken things
- Can meet a deadline but also know when and how to explain a delay
- Are comfortable working in our git development model which uses fast iterations to deliver software in cycles
- Are enthusiastic about learning new technologies, but also show restraint to only use when appropriate
- Note: Experience in AI, Machine Learning and Natural Language Generation is awesome, but not required for many of our software development openings; we find more value in solid programming skills, a positive attitude, and a natural curiosity to learn and grow with our team. This role is open to candidates located in Atlanta, GA and/or remote nationwide
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with top-notch health, dental and vision coverage
- 401K, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO plus standard national holidays
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- Virtual team events to stay connected
- Limitless opportunities for career development
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) are the best part about working at AnswerRocket!
The Rocketeer core values:
- Innovation – We are tenacious in creating solutions to deliver value to our customers
- Curiosity – We believe questions lead to insights and learning is half the fun
- Courage – We lead at all levels and strive to do the right thing
- Teamwork – We respect each other and rally to achieve bigger wins
Who we are
Founded in 2013 by successful tech entrepreneurs, AnswerRocket’s mission has always been to make data analysis easy. As a founder-owned and founder-led startup in Atlanta, GA, AnswerRocket has been growing at a stellar pace in every measure: revenues, people, innovation and customers. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. We’ve recently been named a Cool Vendor in analytics by Gartner, as well as, been awarded a Top Workplace two years in a row by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
Come as you are
At AnswerRocket, we’re building a better way to work, fueled by collaboration, transparency and inclusion of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.
Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and experiences—oh and everyone’s really nice. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative, creative environment with an opportunity to contribute to something big. We don’t hire culture fits, but rather, those who can add to our culture. We want your individuality and differences to make AnswerRocket better and stronger. We seek dreamers, doers, and disruptors to help transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day.
Our people mean everything, so come do the best work of your life here at AnswerRocket.
To all recruitment agencies: AnswerRocket does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not submit resumes through our career pages or to AnswerRocket employees. AnswerRocket is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
COVID-19 Statement: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via video conferencing. After the pandemic, some positions may continue as remote, while others may temporarily work remote now until it is safe to return to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at jobs(at)answerrocket.com.