Direct-link to job ad here
Named an AJC’s Top Workplace in 2021, AnswerRocket is on a mission to make data analysis easy. Our platform leverages AI and machine learning to transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day. Developers are at the heart of our team. We want smart, flexible thinkers for whom programming is second nature. We look for engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push our product forward.
You will gain valuable, hands-on software development experience while working alongside senior engineers in a high-growth startup environment. As a junior member of our Engineering team, you’ll play a role in designing, developing, deploying, and supporting AnswerRocket’s web development technologies. Our goal is always to build long-term relationships with our interns to consider full-time career opportunities after graduation or beyond.
- Location: Atlanta, GA (local candidates preferred; fully remote candidates may be considered)
- Starting Hourly Pay: $20.00
- Duration: Starting Fall 2021; option to extend beyond
- Typical schedule: Flexible; Mondays thru Fridays during business hours
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university/college and pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field; recent graduates may be considered
- Able to commit to working at least 10 or more hours per week
- Legally authorized to work in the US; we currently do not offer any HB-1 or F-1 visa sponsorship opportunities at this time
What you’ll be doing:
- Deploy in Amazon’s cloud or at client premises
- Work heavily in web and database environments, but also touch on mobile, systems management, configuration management, tenancy, parallelization, security, and other aspects of serving enterprise customers
- Gain experience working in new frameworks, while solving complex problems in a collaborative and casual environment.
- Join a flat organization with direct access to senior leaders; Did we mention all of our co-founders have programming backgrounds?
Who you are:
- Passionate about UX, database scalability, mobile development, and making amazing software
- Love for design—almost as much as implementing modules and fixing broken things.
- Creative problem-solver; effective at analyzing a problem and enjoys innovative solutions that make us better.
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and flexibility
- Great attitude and a hunger for learning (especially for technology and data)
- Able to follow directions, work independently, and work as a collaborative team member
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, methodical and multi-task oriented
- Intellectually curious, and a clear communicator
Benefits You’ll Receive:
- Exposure to real-world business issues and challenges
- Broad experience in various aspects of software development
- New technical skills and professional feedback on your work
- Professional growth in a fun work environment
- Competitive hourly pay
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- Virtual team events to stay connected
Who we are:
Founded in 2013 by successful tech entrepreneurs, AnswerRocket’s mission has always been to make data analysis easy. As a founder-owned and founder-led startup in Atlanta, GA, AnswerRocket has been growing at a stellar pace in every measure: revenues, people, innovation, and customers. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. We’ve recently been named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner, as well as been awarded a Top Workplace two years in a row by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
Come as you are:
At AnswerRocket, we’re building a better way to work, fueled by collaboration, transparency, and inclusion of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.
Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart, and passionate people with broad interests and experiences—oh and everyone’s really nice. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative, creative environment with an opportunity to contribute to something big. We don’t hire culture fits, but rather, those who can add to our culture. We want your individuality and differences to make AnswerRocket better and stronger. We seek dreamers, doers, and disruptors to help transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day.
Our people mean everything, so come do the best work of your life here at AnswerRocket.
Posting Statement: AnswerRocket does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not submit resumes through our career pages or to AnswerRocket employees. AnswerRocket is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at jobs(at)answerrocket.com.