AnswerRocket is on a mission to make data analysis easy. Our platform leverages AI and machine learning to transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day. As a member of our Engineering team, you’ll play a major role in designing, developing, deploying, and supporting AnswerRocket’s web development technologies.
Developers are at the heart of our team. We want smart, flexible thinkers for whom programming is second nature. If you are that kind of person, you know that software is an expressive discipline. We encourage responsible creativity along with a personal commitment to our customers. We look for engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push our product forward. We hire engineers with a range of technical skills and experience from just getting started to owning major parts of our product.
This role is a remote opportunity, candidates do not have to be located in the Atlanta area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deploy in Amazon’s cloud or at client premises.
- Work heavily in web and database environments, but also touch on mobile, systems management, configuration management, tenancy, parallelization, security, and other aspects of serving enterprise customers.
- Involved in decision-making around the architecture and future product enhancements.
- Gain experience working in new frameworks, while solving complex problems in a collaborative and casual environment.
- Join a flat organization with direct access to senior leaders; Did we mention all of our co-founders have programming backgrounds?
Who you are:
- Passionate about UX, database scalability, mobile development, and making amazing software.
- Love for design—almost as much as implementing modules and fixing broken things.
- Creative problem-solver; effective at analyzing a problem and enjoys innovative solutions that make us better.
- Open-minded and passionate learner; not afraid to learn new industries and grasp new technologies quickly.
- Intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
- Team-oriented, easy to work with, and enjoys solving problems together.
- Strong leadership skills; able to take ownership of their projects end-to-end.
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude.
- Comfortable working in our git development model which uses fast iterations to deliver software in cycles.
- Able to meet a deadline but also know when and how to explain a delay.
What you need:
- At least 2+ years of professional experience in a software development role or similar; previous experience developing at a software and/or analytics company preferred.
- Experience coding within our tech stack and within web development environments.
What you don’t need:
- Experience in AI, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Generation. While awesome if you do, these skills are not required for many of our software development openings; we find more value in solid programming skills, a positive attitude, and a natural curiosity to learn and grow with our team.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 401K, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Generous PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents.
- Company-wide and individual goal setting each quarter where success is recognized and rewarded.
- Remote-friendly culture with weekly stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude.
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team.
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) is the best part about working at AnswerRocket!
Who we are:
Founded in 2013 by successful tech entrepreneurs, AnswerRocket’s mission has always been to make data analysis easy. As a founder-owned and founder-led startup in Atlanta, GA, AnswerRocket has been growing at a stellar pace in every measure: revenues, people, innovation, and customers. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. We’ve recently been named a Cool Vendor in Analytics by Gartner, as well as, been awarded a Top Workplace two years in a row by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
Come as you are:
At AnswerRocket, we’re building a better way to work, fueled by collaboration, transparency, and inclusion of people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.
Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart, and passionate people with broad interests and experiences—oh and everyone’s really nice. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative, creative environment with an opportunity to contribute to something big. We don’t hire culture fits, but rather, those who can add to our culture. We want your individuality and differences to make AnswerRocket better and stronger. We seek dreamers, doers, and disruptors to help transform the way businesses make data-driven decisions every day.
Our people mean everything, so come do the best work of your life here at AnswerRocket.
To all recruitment agencies: AnswerRocket does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not submit resumes through our career pages or to AnswerRocket employees. AnswerRocket is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
COVID-19 statement: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via video conferencing. After the pandemic, some positions may continue as remote, while others may temporarily stay remote now until it is safe to return to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at jobs(at)answerrocket.com.