The Product Development Engineering Intern will be responsible for device fabrication, device testing, report writing, and miscellaneous office activities supporting device development programs at Antares Pharma.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide input into preparing test protocols
- Fabricating devices for testing
- Execute testing protocols based on testing methods that have been developed
- Troubleshoot test stand and device failures
- Perform analysis on data generated from tests
- Summarize results in technical reports as needed
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- Completion of Sophomore or Junior year in a Mechanical Engineering major at an accredited college or university
- Summer roles begin in May and last through August
- Candidate must be available to work Monday – Thursday during full day, regular office hours for the duration of the assignment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Prior work experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting or repair.
- Experience with basic fabrication tools and technologies.
- Experience with 3D Cad package such as Solidworks or Pro-Engineer.
- Experience using statistical analysis software Minitab is desirable but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with employees and upper management.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, presentation skills, and leadership qualities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a professional environment where tight timelines exist
- Housing and Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility
About Working at Antares:
Antares Pharma is committed to recruiting highly talented individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment and who can work together in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
At Antares Pharma, innovative and creative thinking is highly valued. Our culture is characterized by openness and fairness where all employees have an opportunity to make a difference. Our benefits program recognizes all employees, at all levels.
Our job satisfaction at the end of the day is rooted in knowing that the work we do can have a real impact on the lives of patients and the healthcare community who serve them.
At the end of the day, we leave our jobs knowing:
- We have made medicine easier to administer, so compliance is higher, and patients feel better.
- We are part of a team that cares about each other and our patients.
- We have an opportunity to work in an environment that values our ideas.
- We will be respected for who we are.
- We are challenged.
It is this talent, dedication and shared purpose that makes Antares Pharma an exciting place to work. We hire individuals with multiple industry experience who bring a vast array of ideas and passion. We are growing and looking for analytical and creative people!
Learn More About Us: www.AntaresPharma.com
Antares Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.