Aon Is Looking for a Health and Benefits Intern: Central/Midwest Region
St. Louis, MO
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits business group within Aon Risk Solutions.
Your Impact as A Health and Benefits Intern
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
Aon Health and Benefits actuaries and consultants work directly with our clients to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits consultants bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting.
- 10 Week Paid Program in Offices Throughout the U.S.
- Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
- Weekly Global Roundtables with Leaders
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
- Planned Social Outings
- Community Service Activity
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Client and business results oriented focus
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
- Adaptability – quick learner
- Mature and professional demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, must be rising seniors, graduating between December 2021 – June 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
- In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
An Opportunity to Explore Post Graduation Career Path Opportunities
The goal of the Aon Summer Internship Program is to give students significant exposure to Aon through project deliverables, continuing education and a training curriculum. The program also provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and prepare for post‐graduate career opportunities at Aon. Upon successful completion of the Aon Summer Internship Program, highly qualified interns may be offered post-graduation full‐time positions within the Launch Program, Aon’s Early Career Development Program.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.