Aon is looking for 2021 Summer Interns to join our IT team.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Information Technology business group within Aon Service Corporation. While our intern program will be delivered virtually, we have opportunities to work with colleagues in the following offices:
This is a unique opportunity for rising college Seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real-world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
- 10 Week Paid Program supporting colleagues throughout the US
- Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
- Weekly Global Roundtables with Aon Business Leader
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
2021 Summer Intern Program will be delivered virtually. Our team has designed an engaging program to ensure that you have opportunities to network with Aon colleagues and other interns, gain meaningful, real world experience, increase your industry knowledge and Aon IQ and have fun.
Your Impact As An IT Intern
- Develop innovative answers to complex business and IT challenges.
- Analyze and document current processes and technologies, contributing through the delivery/integration of new solutions.
- Leverage various datasets for data analysis.
- Create executive level dashboards for operational issues.
- Build a common set of technology capabilities, planning, design, and implementation.
- Organize and coordinate work flow, manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and small projects.
- Facilitatethe negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifythe current and future state business processes.
- Helpthe business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wire frames, or other detailed deliverables.
- Daily use of Excel, PowerPoint, and data visualization software, among others.
* Your specific responsibilities will vary based on your alignment
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
We aim to recruit a diverse group of professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Relevant work or internship experience.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) – open to all majors!
Applicants for this role, part of the national Aon Summer Internship Program, should have a target graduation date of December 2021 – Summer 2022 and should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
Participation in Aon’s Virtual Summer Internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
The salary range for this position is $17.00 – $19.00 hourly. This salary range is an estimate and the actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
Aon offers a benefits package for temporary and seasonal employees who will work 20 or more hours per week including: medical, dental, and vision insurance at the employee’s expense, critical illness insurance, paid time off for sick days, and a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.