Aon Is Looking For a Health and Benefits Intern
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits business group within Aon Risk Solutions. While our intern program will be delivered virtually, we have opportunities to work with colleagues in the following offices:
Your Impact as A Health and Benefits Intern
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
Aon Health and Benefits actuaries and consultants work directly with our clients to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits consultants bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting.
- 10 Week Paid Program in Offices supporting colleagues throughout the U.S.
- Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
- Weekly Global Roundtables with Leaders
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
- Planned Social Outings
- Community Service Activity
2021 Summer Intern Program will be delivered virtually. Our team has designed an engaging program to ensure that you have opportunities to network with Aon colleagues and other interns, gain meaningful, real world experience, increase your industry knowledge and Aon IQ and have fun.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Client and business results oriented focus
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
- Adaptability – quick learner
- Mature and professional demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Business Internship Program, must be rising seniors, graduating between December 2021 – June 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Participation in Aon’s Virtual Summer Internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
The salary range for this position is $17.00 – $19.00 hourly. This salary range is an estimate and the actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
Aon offers a benefits package for temporary and seasonal employees who will work 20 or more hours per week including: medical, dental, and vision insurance at the employee’s expense, critical illness insurance, paid time off for sick days, and a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.