Welcome to APITech! We hire people who are curious, resilient and want to make a difference. Our employee’s impact goes beyond designing and manufacturing electronic components, together our work is exploring space, protecting soldiers, and saving lives. Our high performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices. Our company of experienced engineers and technologists work by these values – safety, integrity, respect, ethics, trust and continuous improvement. Join a company where we strive to put excellence in everything we do, including your career. Learn more about us at apitech.com/careers.
API’s work protects soldiers, explores space, and saves lives by manufacturing microelectronics components. It is our goal to provide our interns with valuable “real world” work experience while collaborating with and being mentored by company experts. During the internship, interns will also own or influence key projects specific to their interests and education. API is seeking an energetic and dynamic student to bring new thoughts and processes to our workforce. This internship will be located in our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prioritize project goals and processes assigned by manager to contribute to the overall success of API
- Co-lead development of project management tools to be utilized in the planning and scheduling of Mil Spec order validation testing.
- Collaborate with Production Floor personnel, Quality, and Engineering to facilitate efficient planning and management of Mil Spec orders.
- Implement a visual management system in Mil Spec that quickly and effectively communicates order timing and status.
- Develop plan to reduce waste and ensure on time delivery to customer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required. Other duties may be assigned.
- General computer skills in Microsoft Office such as: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Participate with multi-disciplinary team as well as able to work alone
- Education: JR., Sr., or Graduate Student pursuing BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering from accredited college/university.
- Overall cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 8 weeks
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: See Below:
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Previous internship or related work experience
- Self-starter with the willingness and flexibility to do whatever is needed
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Resourceful in finding information and answers related to the assigned projects
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office & Manufacturing Based
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: No Specific Requirements
DIRECT REPORTS: No Direct Reports
The above job is intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized company officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities