Address: 3044 John F Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07306
Starting Date: Immediate start – June 30, 2022
Hours: Monday – Friday 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Apollo After School is a national curriculum-based enrichment and childcare program. We offer parents before-school and after-school childcare 5 days a week, with a focus on Social-Emotional Learning and Project-Based Learning. We are looking for a caring, patient, and enthusiastic childcare professionals to provide a safe, fun, and friendly classroom experience for our students at local PK-8 schools. Our staff is expected to apply their own unique creativity as educators within the framework of our research-based extended day curriculum. Education is a team effort – our staff must work closely with fellow colleagues, parents, and school personnel to provide a positive learning environment for our students.
As an Apollo Educator, your primary responsibility will be working directly with students. You will assist the Site Director in achieving the goals and mission statements of the Apollo program at your location.
- Provide a safe, fun, and friendly learning environment for our students.
- Ensure the safety, security, and supervision of our students at all times.
- Apollo After School is inclusive learning and work environment – making all students, colleagues, and community partners feel safe, welcome, and included is the responsibility of every Apollo employee.
- Work together with supervisors and colleagues on the implementation of the daily Apollo program structure – attendance, snack time, homework help, physical activities, enrichment activities, supervised free play, transition times, and dismissal.
- Practice a daily safety checklist.
- Help ensure our program content supports school-mandated goals and outcomes.
- Communicate regularly with students’ parents/guardians during pick-up times, working together on student successes and challenges.
- Implement and apply both Apollo and site-specific Code of Conducts.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local safety, health, and licensing requirements.
- Assist in maintaining all required documentation, such as incident and accident reports, inventory, and parent communication.
- Assess and solve problems associated with the supervision of PK-8 students.
- Integrate successfully with your school’s unique community – we are all partners in our students’ growth and well-being.
- Command the attention and facilitate the coordination of our full student group, whenever required by the classroom situation. Must be able to manage a classroom by yourself when the situation requires.
- Full participation in all paid training and ongoing professional development initiatives.
- Experience/Requirements Include:
- Minimum of one year working with school-age youth (PK-8) in a school or extended-day setting
- First Aid/CPR certification and other Apollo, state, and local safety requirements
- Fulfill all Apollo, state, and site-specific FBI fingerprint, National Sex Offender Registry, and other background check requirements
- Reference check
- Mandated Reporter Training (included in training course below – 45 min)
- Complete 15-hour paid Apollo professional development online course prior to the first assignment.
Vaccination against COVID-19 requirements:
The school requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof is required.
Compensation : $16 – 20 (depending on experience)
- Associate’s Degree -or- Equivalent Experience