The Computer Vision and Remote Sensing Group at Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is looking for an experienced Senior Computer Vision Scientist II to join our team operating at the forefront of Computer Vision technology applied to satellite and drone imagery. We collaborate with world-renowned universities in computer vision, photogrammetry, and remote sensing to find innovative solutions to difficult real-world problems in United States Intelligence and Defense communities. Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit who seek a research career within a stable industry work environment are highly encouraged to apply.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Senior Computer Vision Scientist II Position highlights:
- Design and implement solutions for difficult real-world application areas as 3D modeling of cities from satellite and drone data, fusing satellite imagery from multiple sources, atmospheric correction, and more
- Work closely with world-renowned universities in computer vision, photogrammetry, and remote sensing
- Cross-train with a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and developers passionate about technology
Senior Computer Vision Scientist II Required qualifications:
- Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar technical field along with 5 years of demonstrated research work in the Computer Vision field
- Demonstrated record of publication in Computer Vision or closely related field (> 10 publications)
- Expert-level understanding of Computer Vision techniques such as Sensor Fusion, SfM, SLAM, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, multi-view reconstruction
- Team player with strong presentation and written/oral communication skills
Senior Computer Vision Scientist II Desirable qualifications:
- Practical experience with vision models and application of deep learning within a larger vision system
- Experience with satellite imagery, aerial imagery, photogrammetry
- Experience developing for geospatial applications
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/