Want to create software that makes a difference? At Applied Research Associates (ARA), our goal is to improve our nation’s safety, security, and way of life. ARA has been doing cutting-edge modeling and simulation research for decades. Everyone who works here is important, from new faces to those who have worked here since the beginning. Your contribution matters and you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact by joining our team!
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our MINES team. The MINES team is developing a suite of web/cloud-based software tools–ranging from web applications to back-end systems–that support America’s military wargaming and training missions.
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
Our office is in Raleigh, NC, but remote work is available for this position.
What you are going to do:
- Write, test, review and maintain code across the stack for the MINES system
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to guide team decision making
- Document the systems you help build, monitor, and maintain
- Improve the scalability and performance of our platform
What you need to have as a Senior Full Stack Developer:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of full stack development experience with a variety of tools
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a modern software engineering environment with an agile software process, distributed source code control, and a CI/CD pipeline
- Excited about delivering quality code, and familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
Other things that would be nice as a Senior Full Stack Developer:
- Active Secret or higher DoD security clearance
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience evaluating technologies and designing solutions
- Experience with software containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with cluster schedulers for containers (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with GraphQL
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/