If you are looking for a career as a Senior System Engineer, and you are interested in designing, developing and rapidly deploying cloud based solutions to problems of national importance, then our Raleigh, NC division of ARA has an exciting opportunity worth considering. Not only will you solve challenging core problems, you’ll be able to grow your career in an exciting environment that promotes teamwork and cross-training in a wide range of related disciplines.
The successful candidate for this position will have a strong passion in designing and implementing edge-based solutions and architecture for new and/or existing ASP and ISP. As a valued contributor to our team your responsibilities will include (1) collaborative brainstorming and problem solving to define requirements, objectives and potential solutions; (2) testing and maturing software and architectures from new ideas and customer feedback as part of an agile team; (3) develop/test software and infrastructure from inception to deployment in the intelligence and defense communities; (4) work with new and existing software and hardware vendors to help integrate, improve system efficiencies, and streamline workflows.
The opportunity for career advancement and continued learning at ARA does not stop there. We strive to identify cross-training opportunities and encourage staff to become involved in upcoming R&D efforts. You will have the opportunity to inject new ideas into our longstanding operational programs. At ARA, we foster an environment where technical staff are empowered to research and develop their own ideas with resources and support from a strong internal technical team and external partners. You can expect day to day to have flexibility in choosing the level of autonomy suited to you, while at the same time enjoying a challenging technical career with great opportunity for personal growth.
Senior System Engineer Edge Solutions Position Requirements:
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- BS or MS in Information Systems, Information Technology, engineering, or a closely related field with 10-12 years relevant work experience
- Security + Certification or other IAT level II certifications
- Current IC badge
- Demonstrated knowledge in a broad range of IT related areas including networking, hardware, storage concepts, virtualization, containerization, and applications
- Demonstrated level of understanding of how different levels of technology interact and the real-world implications of virtual configurations
- Team player with excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Primary work location National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency-East, limited telecommuting available
Senior System Engineer Edge Solutions Preferences:
- Experience with remote infrastructure management and related tools. (LOM, VPN, RDG/RDP, Mosh, etc…)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining virtual or containerized environments
- Experience working with network proxy and load-balancing tools (F5, HA Proxy, NGINX)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with LAN/WAN networking concepts and a base understanding of lower level network protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Experience with wide array of local/distributed storage concepts and the various ways they can be used/exported.
- Experience with big data storage solutions (ZFS, CEPH, LVM, RAID, etc.) and different storage types (block, file, object)
- Experience with layer 3 networking concepts (NAT, PAT, port-forwarding, routing)
- Experience with implementing NGA SSO/IDAM and Enterprise Security Services and DoD Risk Management Framework
If this is the perfect job for you please apply online at https://www.ara.com/job-search today!
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/