Located in a city known for its rich technology and innovative leadership, our Boston Research Center sits adjacent to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The center conducts research in computational reservoir modeling and nanotechnology and develops advanced materials science and separation technology systems.
Conduct laboratory research towards the development of advanced materials for the oil and gas (O&G) industry. Work with senior scientists to make significant contributions to the synthesis/analysis of new materials and technologies (e.g. polymers, nanomaterials, catalysts, etc.) that are applicable to downstream O&G applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate analytical and industrial chemical projects within the domain of materials chemistry at a level of expertise commensurate with a PhD scientist
- Coordinate R&D projects that impact business through communication with the Materials Technology Group and the Business stakeholders
- Carry out original investigations relating to technical problems outside the scope of available literature
- Prioritize R&D projects and assign appropriate persons to meet the deadline.
- Extensively utilizes research and/or project experiences, broad expertise of materials, processes, techniques, and products to improve on or develop new products, increase performance, or reduce costs, in order to maximize applications and meet business targets
- Deep understanding of physical and chemical principles governing specific areas of research is a must, and experience in any or all of the following research areas is preferred: polymers / nanocomposites / nanomaterials / polyolefin / thermoplastics / thermosets / coating technology / packaging materials /corrosion / materials chemistry
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet timelines, deliverables, and objectives
- Lead collaborative research with other R&D areas of the company, e.g., catalysis, separations, 3D printing applications, functional materials, etc. for increased intellectual property opportunities and future business advancement of Aramco or Saudi Aramco; publish in relevant journals and present in conferences
- Leverage understanding of processing-structure-property relationships, molecular and/or material design & modification, and reaction and/or process design to overcome technical challenges, achieve business goals, and advance scientific knowledge
- Make comprehensive professional reports of investigations; review existing patents
- Effectively communicate research in a variety of professional venues including internal presentations, conference talks, technical, and non-technical reports
- Maintain and update his/her working knowledge of applicable state-of- the-art laboratory instrumentation
- Provide and manage a safe, accident-free laboratory environment; follow all company safety rules in performing job duties
- Complete professional reports in format suitable for publication either as a technical article or for patent application
- Serve as a project leader or participates in major investigative projects as assigned
- Perform other miscellaneous related duties as requested
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer processing, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or a related field
- Five (5) year’s work experience in a substantive industrial, technological or laboratory area relevant to the jobs assignment
- Solid background and hand on experience in polymer design, synthesis, processing, functionalization, characterization, scale-up and development.
- Broad knowledge and fundamental understanding of polymer product-processing-property relationships or desire and demonstrated proficiency to acquire these skills aimed at developing new products and applications.
- Candidates with industrial research experience in new product formulations and application technologies in the area of polyolefin, thermoplastic, thermoset, packaging materials, coatings and corrosions is preferred
- Candidates with a working knowledge or hand-on experience in the operation of polymer characterization/processing equipment including DSC, TGA, DMA, XRD, Instron, FTIR, NMR, SEM, AFM, GC/MS, UV-Vis, extrusion/compounding/injection molding etc. is a plus
- Candidate should be comfortable in working independently or part of a project team, frequent project presentation and travel to meetings at conferences and universities
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED