Aramco Americas is seeking a Petrel OCEAN developer to support Petrel integration with the company’s reservoir simulation technology. The application software developer will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a role in a reservoir simulation and engineering environment that will include designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting the release of Aramco’s next-generation reservoir simulation technology. The primary task will be to develop plugins for the Petrel software platform, which will interface between Petrel geomodels and an in-house, massively parallel reservoir simulator. Additional tasks will involve writing software to support Aramco’s in-house reservoir simulator.
Education & Experience
- Successful candidates should have a B.S. degree or higher in an Engineering discipline; candidates with a M.S are preferred
- Proficiency is required in Petrel software including OCEAN API programming, although successful candidates with lower skill levels will be considered and training will be provided
- Must have experience developing .NET, and C# applications
- Minimum of five years of experience is needed
- Candidate should be comfortable in working independently
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
- Candidate will work with engineers and scientists in a team environment
- Be able to work with local and international team members and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation capabilities in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from a diverse professional background
- Be able to travel internationally occasionally
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED