For four generations, the Schuman family has earned a reputation for delivering world-class cheese to customers around the globe. Whether importing the best cheeses from Europe, making award-winning cheeses in Wisconsin or crafting inspired new cheese products, Schuman Cheese has never strayed from its core purpose: to enhance everyday eating experiences with the highest quality cheese. Explore how a genuine passion for great cheese and the latest innovations, along with investments in the best people and facilities, continue to honor founder Arthur Schuman’s legacy at SchumanCheese.com.
The culture is fast paced and collaborative. Our core values include honesty and integrity, pride in our products, innovation, industry leadership and a commitment to the wellbeing of our family, employees, suppliers, customers and community.
Recruiting and retaining the best and brightest talent is essential to Schuman Cheese’s continued success. The Schuman Cheese Internship program provides an opportunity for students to contribute to the company’s success. Our internship program is focused on providing a dynamic work experience where each intern plays a versatile role within the organization. The intern joining us will gain the knowledge of the dairy industry and creating artisanal cheese. Our goal is to provide you with the tools and guidance to design and plan your own steps to be successful.
- Gain industry and organizational knowledge through daily interactions and job assignments.
- Provide daily task/project support for assigned department.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams.
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
- Set up meetings to obtain necessary knowledge and information from subject matter experts in the organization.
- Develop business & technical skills needed for a successful career.
- Learn financial matrix and perform market research to develop a business plan topic.
Business Plan Project:
While being assigned to your interested department and work with the team, you will build a business plan with your innovative idea to present to the CEO and our Senior Leadership Team at the end of your internship. The business plan must be related to the company (Schuman Cheese), but can be related to any topics, products, process, quality and even accounting. The business plan will embrace our core values and must include a mission statement, details of your new idea (product/process/innovation), financial matrix and end goals. You will be provided with a list of people and resources that you can work with to come up with your own business plan. The business plan will be submitted by the 9th week of your internship and you will present the plan during your final week. If your business plan is selected for implementation, you will be given an opportunity to be part of this project and will be awarded $5,000.00 scholarship towards your following semester. You will also receive an offer to join Schuman Cheese after you complete your degree.
Required Experience and Skills:
· High school diploma required.
· In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
· Current class standing of sophomore or above.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Passion to be successful with interest in food.
· Strong desire to gain further understanding of the food manufacturing business.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data.
· Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances, and directions.
· Strength working independently, but also as a member of the larger company team.
· Eager to learn and works well cross-functionally.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Dates: June 1, 2021 – August 6, 2021
Schuman Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Employer