Ascentria Care Alliance employees and volunteers take pride in the impact they have on the people they serve. It’s more than just a job, it’s an opportunity our employees have to care for and share in the lives of people who greatly need and appreciate their presence. Ascentria Care Alliance focuses on every child, elder, disabled person, refugee, endangered teen or teenage mom in order to build stronger communities one person at a time. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the operations of a $75m non-profit social services organization with programs throughout New England.
The Program Assistant provides general programmatic support to the Immigration Legal Assistance Program. This individual will assist with the day-to-day operations including answering phone calls, taking messages, assisting walk-ins, scheduling appointments, screening potential clients, engaging in community outreach, assistance with translation, and other support as needed.
- Provide overall support for the activities within the department.
- Assist with outreach and client communication.
- Serve as the translator and/or interpreter as needed.
- Maintain client database and case records, including case notes, according to program procedures.
- Provide general administrative support, which may include answering phones and taking messages, making meeting arrangements and taking meeting notes, assisting in the preparation of reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Participate in outreach, public awareness, and education events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and training programs as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work in multicultural and bilingual/multilingual environment.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Ability to speak Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Nepali, Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian, Somali, or French strongly preferred.
- Computer competencies in word processing and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to handle telephone calls with professionalism.
- Set priorities and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Organizational ability, team player, and open to new ideas
- Provide solution-oriented problem solving, reliable and dependable.
- Ascentria Organizational Orientation.
- Maintain mandatory training and certifications as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands are generally:
Sedentary – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Requires driving own vehicle to various sites.
Mental Demands are generally:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.