Chinosity.com is an online media project developed by the China Learning Initiatives, Center for Global Education at the Asia Society. Our brand delivers news on Chinese entertainment, language, and modern cultural phenomenon in English to a global audience. Our global, cross-platform network includes our site, YouTube channel and Instagram account, as well as other digital platforms. Our news and entertainment serve the post 90s and 00s generation- an engaged, global audience that connects with culture and entertainment through digital platforms.
About the position:
As part of the Chinosity staff, you are responsible for managing your assigned writer team and organizing writer pitch meetings twice a month. You will also edit and proofread student writers’ articles for Chinosity. This position is a paid part-time remote position. We require at least 15 hours of commitment every week. You are required to work closely with the head copy editor and the marketing team through weekly meetings, office communication tools, and other means.
What you will do:
- Organize online writer meetings every other week.
- Communicate with writers on your team to help produce articles that meet the Chinosity internal deadlines
- Review, edit and proofread articles for your writer team
- Work with the other editors to maintain an efficient and sustainable content flow on Chinosity website
- Attend weekly staff meeting online
The ideal candidate:
- Must have proven experience in editing, journalism, or writing (on campus experience counts)
- Must have basic knowledge of blog-publishing platforms or WCM, Web content management systems. (ie. WordPress)
- Have exceptional writing and editing skills
- Able to write quickly, clearly, and precisely
- Have ability to self-manage multiple projects at once and deliver them on time
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a curious mind and able to conduct basic research on the next viral content
*Candidate who has knowledge of Mandarin, Cantonese, or other Chinese languages is a plus
*Candidate who has experience in East Asian studies, Chinese culture and modern China is a plus.