The Congressional Internship is designed for AAPI undergraduate-aged students looking to increase their experience in public policy and service. The paid, eight-week-long summer program places Interns in congressional offices and provides them with the opportunity to develop their leadership and professional skills, encourages political engagement, and fosters interests in public service careers.
Applications are now open for our Fall Congressional Internship program, which will be an in-person internship hosted in partnership with the United Parcel Service (UPS). Our fall 2021 internship cohort will have the opportunity to gain working experience in a congressional office and in the UPS Washington, D.C. office. Interns will work in the UPS office 1 day per week and in a congressional office the remaining days of the week.
FALL 2021 CONGRESSIONAL INTERNS WILL RECEIVE
- Professional work experience in a congressional office
- The grant for the Congressional Internship is $2,500. Payments are made in two $1,250 installments. The first payment is received at the beginning of the internship, the second payment is received at the end when all program requirements have been completed.
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C.
- Leadership development opportunities, access to the APAICS alumni network, and more.
- Work for a minimum of 32 hours a week
- Attend a one-day orientation
- Attend professional development events
- Complete weekly journals
- Submit a program evaluation at the end of the internship
- Comply with APAICS policies regarding work performance and personal conduct