Asphalt Green is looking for a motivated self-starter to be our Associate Director of Marketing. This position will focus on print and digital initiatives including execution of advertisements, email marketing, in-house digital displays, social media, the Asphalt Green website, posters/flyers/banners, PR initiatives, special events, and more.
This is a collaborative position working across the marketing department and in direct collaboration with department heads (fitness/membership, aquatics, sports, camp, development, and community programs). The role is fast-paced with a high volume of work; organization, strong communication skills, and self-motivation are vital. Responsibilities include quality assurance for all marketing materials; a rigorous editorial approach and a strong aesthetic sense are key.
This is an exciting time to join the marketing team as we re-establish ourselves following changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. This role will be key in communicating vital policy changes and re-establishing marketing strategies in the new normal.
This is a hybrid position with one mandatory day in the office with the entire marketing team each week. Other in-office days will be coordinated directly with the Senior Director of Marketing. There is a mandatory two-week on-site onboarding. All Asphalt Green employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- Work with Senior Director, Marketing to develop and execute cross-platform marketing and communication campaigns.
- Manage creative development and execution of assets for print and digital media.
- Provide feedback and mentorship to marketing junior staff to ensure proper branding, quality, and timely completion.
- Build and maintain marketing calendar.
- Develop and oversee execution of social media campaigns.
- Provide analytics and reporting on campaign results and website traffic, make recommendations to inform future marketing plans.
- Drive continuous improvement of website performance and customer usability.
- Monitor marketing trends, present and make recommendations on findings.
- Manage external vendors, printers, etc.
- Ensure content is up-to-date and timely across all platforms.
- Handle special projects as requested by the Senior Director, Marketing.
- 3+ years in a management role
- Strong communication skills
- Project management experience, including familiarity with project management software (asana)
- Excellent organizational skills including a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to track and report data in a meaningful way
- Experience with web analytics, content management systems (e.g. Expression Engine, Drupal), and email marketing programs (Constant Contact) required
- Basic understanding of HTML is a must
- Demonstrated interest and history of success in improving customer engagement
- Up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends
- Full grasp of copywriting, grammar, and adherence to brand guidelines
- Experience with search engine optimization, Meltwater, Adobe, and Dreamweaver a plus
- Focus on sports and/or fitness is a plus